Lutheran worship services began in this area on Tuesday 9 May 1916 in a private home at North Arm. Services in the North Coast Line Home Mission Field were held at various locations around the district – Beaudesert, Kin Kin, Belli Park, Kilcoy, Dayboro, Mundubbera, Monto, Proston, Hivesville, Wamuran, Gympie, Cooroy, Imbil, Witta – and other places in between. The first Lutheran service in Nambour itself was held on Sunday 27 September 1925 at the Presbyterian church. During 1926, 1927 and until July 1928 more or less monthly services were held. Up until July 1928 North Arm was still treated as an independent preaching place and services were conducted there also. The other centers formed by Pastor Doehler all merged into Nambour.
The first Lutheran church in Nambour was dedicated on 24 November 1929. The present church building was dedicated on 18 May 1969. At this time the Nambour Parish consisted of the congregations of Nambour, Witta, Maroochydore, and Caloundra. On 1 January 1979, this became two parishes: Nambour Lutheran Parish (Nambour and Witta) and Sunshine Coast Lutheran Parish (Maroochydore and Caloundra).
Pastor E Becker of South Brisbane visited Teutoberg in 1892 to organize a congregation and establish regular worship services to be conducted by the United German and Scandinavian Lutheran Synod of Queensland. A church was duly erected on donated land. The community had purchased a block of land and a decision was taken to commence construction of a new church building in 1910. The new church was opened and dedicated on 22 January 1911. The settlement of Teutoberg had its name changed to Witta in 1916. Witta was linked with the North Coast Home Mission Field in 1928. From this time onwards, the congregation has been served by Pastors stationed at Nambour.